Meet Academic Coach Meg Fisher
In addition to being Learn & Flourish POS-EDGE® trained, Meg specializes in:
- Executive Function and ADHD challenges
- Leveraging personal and academic strengths application and management
- Organization and learning challenges
- Orton-Gillingham Reading trained/Garside Institute for Teacher Training
- Written language for all subjects
- English skills for literature and content area comprehension
- Study skills and test-taking
- Middle and high school math
- Basic French, Korean, Japanese
- Live and remote sessions
Meg’s students learn and implement a key set of strategies to improve learning and study skills for success. She also guides students to spot and apply their personal and academic strengths, resulting in
- greater self-confidence
- personal organization techniques
- improved writing skills and essay structure
- better time management, project planning and task execution.
A proven teacher, student, and researcher with rich background knowledge on many topics, Meg earned her MEd in Moderate Needs Special Education from Lesley University. She earned her BS in Communications from the University of Miami, with a double major (Film and History) and a minor (English Literature) in just three academic years. She has also studied Japanese and Korean. Her Certificate in Applied Positive Psychology is from The Flourishing Center in New York.
After a year as a full-time Masters’-level special education intern at Carroll School, Meg now teaches 6th grade Orton-Gillingham-infused ELA at the school. She has taught at Summer@Carroll, Walpole High School, Phillips Academy/Andover, and at two private academies in South Korea. She has also worked as a researcher and editor in the documentary film industry; as an essay grader for a professor at a top-rated Canadian undergraduate university; as a business school textbook editor and contributor, writing the end-of-chapter assessments; and as a researcher for a software firm. Since joining Learn & Flourish in 2013, Meg has taught students ranging from elementary to college age.
Meg is an accomplished soprano, has sung semi-professionally, and is active in community theatre projects, including We Did it for You, Women’s Journey Through History. She has a great sense of humor, is an avid extreme hiker and fitness boxer, and she loves adventures of all sorts.