Executive coach for student and parenting success
Sherri Fisher is a world leader in education planning, leveraging distinctive strengths to give you the positive edge for student and family success. Clients say that Sherri’s “bag of tricks” is one of never-ending capacity. She appreciates and leverages your existing strengths and talents, coaching you to take hopeful, sustainable action. Sherri also speaks to a variety of groups, from physicians, psychologists and school professionals to moms, dads, and students.
With individual executive coaching clients, Sherri quickly and accurately identifies student learning needs and style. She leverages how they learn and work best, and guides them and their families to see and value their strengths.
Learning specialist with extensive experience
With your extensive input Sherri and the Learn & Flourish staff will thoroughly evaluate your student’s needs, consider the short and long-term goals of student, family, and school, and develop both traditional and out-of-the-box options. Invite Sherri to your next school meeting.
World leader applying well-being research to learning
Sherri Fisher is a pioneer in the growing field of positive education: applying research for both achievement and well-being.
- Read Sherri Fisher’s work in books and collections.
- Learn how the POS-EDGE® is being used in Australia to guide community wellbeing (Tip: see page 16! Sherri Fisher is the author of The Positive Edge Journal and its “Universal Wellbeing Language”)
- Choose from over 50 of Sherri Fisher’s Positive Psychology research-based articles.
- License the POS-EDGE® Model’s success-science curriculum and training materials.
- Become a Learn & Flourish practitioner.
- Learn more about Sherri Fisher.
Sherri co-authored the first study to explore efforts to measure the extent to which positive psychology interventions can be employed within school systems to increase happiness, resilience and achievement, and decrease the likelihood of depression. (Research: Building a Foundation for Positive Psychology in Schools). A pioneer in the field, Sherri is the world’s first learning specialist to have earned the University of Pennsylvania’s MAPP degree. She’s an invaluable colleague for professionals and organizations. Contact Sherri to explore your vision.
Speaker, consultant, and workshop leader
Here are some organizations benefiting from Sherri’s work.
Academic-social-emotional benefits of positive emotions include:
- Broadening thinking – Essential for effective problem solving, mindful critical thinking.
- Expanding interpersonal trust – Key for building the relationships and teams that support learning.
- Increasing positive coping approaches – Important for dealing with the day-to-day ups and downs we all face.
- Expanding mindsets – Students and teachers with a growth mindset know that “smart” is not what you are: it is a set of behaviors that you do. Students who are “smart” in this way get smarter.
- Developing resilience – Substantive for preventing depression and moving forward through challenges; other research shows that more resilient students are higher achievers as well.